Some of my favorite happiness facts –
- The word ‘happy’ stems from the root ‘hap’ which meant ‘luck’ or ‘chance’ in the germanic language, Old Norse.
- Think ‘happenstance’ or ‘haphazard’.
- Lonely people get sick more because they’re not exposed to other people’s germs as often. This causes their inflammatory system to grow more sensitive to outside stuff.
- A study showed that the more basketball team members touched each other during the game, the higher they scored.
- Increasing class and status decreases functions of happiness because the more resources you have, the less you need things from others. What is a base of community other than a network of shared resources?